Laptop battery bottles are a common phenomenon, very common with high-frequency laptop users. However, how to check laptop battery life accurately, fastest at home? It can be checked in the usual way or using software. The following article, TipsMake will update the fastest and most accurate ways to check, please refer to it now!
I. Some signs and causes of laptop battery bottle
There are many signs that the laptop battery is dead. When there are some of the following signs, you need to check the laptop battery level, for example:
- The device quickly drains the battery after fully charging.
- Plug in the charger for a long time but the battery is not fully charged.
- Battery life is not displayed correctly. The battery drains quickly and charges up abnormally fast.
- The battery does not work, must be plugged in to charge the device to work.
The phenomenon of battery bottle bottle has many causes such as:
- Due to the habit of opening the device while charging. This causes the charging and discharging process of the battery to take place at the same time, causing the battery to rapidly degrade.
- Use laptop with high intensity, use it continuously without stopping.
- The battery charging process is interrupted continuously due to unstable power supply.
- Use until the device is powered down before plugging in the charger.
- The heat dissipation function of the machine is damaged or too dusty, not cleaned to make the machine heat up quickly.
- Using a laptop for many years also causes the battery to self-boil.
II. How to check laptop battery bottle simply and quickly
There are many simple ways to check laptop battery life that you can do yourself. Below, Tipsmake will guide in 2 ways: with software and without using software.
1. Check laptop battery life without software
If you are concerned that using software will cause viruses to enter your computer, you can check the battery life simply by using the Command Prompt tool available in Windows 10. The steps are as follows:
- Press Windows + R key combination and Type cmd. Or search by cmd in taskbar.
- Once you've opened the tool, type powercfg /batteryreport, then press the Enter key. At this point, a line will be displayed, Battery life report saved to C. That is, there is a detailed report file about the current status of the battery in the device.
- You just need to access the correct path This PC => select Drive C => select User => select Account name => select and Find a File named: battery-report.html to extract the file. Then, drag it out of the screen to make it easier to see.
- Double-click the file to open it and select the browser you want to use to open it.
- After successfully opening, you scroll down to the second item. Monitor the battery status in 2 lines Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity. If the difference is not over 10,000 mWh, it means that the bottle is light, and there is no need to change the battery. If the difference is larger, you need to replace the new battery to use.
Monitor the battery at 2 lines Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity to see how much the difference is
2. Check the battery level by software
How to check laptop battery life using software can be applied to many versions of Windows. CPUID HWMonitor is the most used safety software to evaluate battery and CPU level. You do the following step by step:
- Download and install CPUID HWMonitor software to your computer.
- Open the software interface and scroll down, the position of Primary will come with information about the battery level. Design Capacity is the capacity of the machine proposed by the manufacturer, and Current Capacity is the actual battery capacity at the present time.
- Wear Level is the ratio of the difference between these two capacities. If this ratio is below 50%, the device can still use the old battery. If the number exceeds 50%, you should replace the battery with a new one to ensure performance and safety when using.
Above, you have been referred to 2 ways to check the laptop battery level by software and by tools on the laptop. Try checking immediately to see if your laptop battery is still working effectively so that you can replace and repair it in the most timely manner!
You May Like Also